19 Jul 2014
17 Simple Tips to Facebook-Like-A-Boss
- Post during peak time.
- But try posting during off-peak time too.
- Take advantage of Facebook advertising. Don’t rely exclusively on organic reach.
- Don’t—I repeat DO NOT waste your money on fake followers. You’re not really fooling anyone.
- Ask questions.
- Answer questions.
- Share feedback, and give credit where it is due.
- Respond to comments.
- Respond to posts on your wall.
- Be transparent. Nobody likes it when you try to hide anything.
- Share related articles (note—not always your own) that would be relevant to your audience.
- The “secret” has been out for some time now: photos ignite more activity than a regular old update or link. Post images that make people stop scrolling through their news stream. The more interesting, unique, attention grabbing, and self-explanatory an image is… the more engagement you can expect.
- Facebook is not for direct marketing. It is for maintaining relationships with your audience and establishing a personable identity for your brand that others can relate to.
- Always be positive.
- Go in with a clear goal. Analyze, measure, re-assess, and repeat.
- Get creative with updates to motivate readers to comment. Questions are a great way to do this, but you can also leave opportunity to fill in the _____.
- ^Photo caption contests work the same way.