7 Dead SEO TechniquesCorrectness Tone suggestions Full-sentence rewrites
VIEWS: 5434 Views CATEGORY: SEO READING TIME: 2 Min To Read UPLOADED ON: 15 May 2014
To be fair, most of the SEO mistakes commonly made stem from strategies that used to work… and the frustration is justified.
However, you can save yourself the time and stress by avoiding these extinct, useless SEO tactics:
- Keyword Focused Titles. You’d think that this would help, but it doesn’t. So stop doing it.
- Keyword Focused Content. It doesn’t really matter what the keyword density is, people can still tell a useless keyword-oriented page from something valuable. So can search engines.
- Meta Keywords. Enough said.
- Bulk Content. Churning out ten 300-word articles on a weekly basis is pointless. Publishing one quality article, regardless of the length, is worth the effort.
- Cloaking. If you don’t know what this means, good. If you do… you should know that it’s not going to work. This is 2014. Move on.
- Link Wheels. This strategy actually worked very well until very recently, but it’s still an SEO tactic to avoid moving forward.
- Submitting to Article Directories. If any “SEO guru” ever tries to suggest this tactic, fire them. Immediately.
You may hear others ranting and moaning about SEO being dead. It isn’t, and it never will be. However, any strategy that looks for a “cheat” or a shortcut to game the system will have a shelf life… and that’s why those SEO techniques are nothing more than a waste of time, energy, and money.
Find an SEO provider who brings full scale marketing experience to the table, and you will have somebody who can be trusted to maintain a sustainable presence on the web—including the front page of Google—no back tracking needed.
Brilliant Writing Awaits
Great Writing, Simplified