REVERSE IP LOOKUP
Enter a domain name in the Reverse IP lookup tool and it will show you a list of all the domain names associated with the IP address of the domain you enter. By Reverse Domain Lookup, you will find the domains associated with the corresponding IP. Find out by entering your website address (URL) below, then click "Check Reverse IP Domain" button.
To run a reverse IP search go to smallseotools.com from your search browser and find the ‘Reverse IP lookup’ icon and click on it. Or an easier way would be to copy/paste smallseotools.com/reverse-ip-lookup/ in the address bar of your search browser.
Once the display page opens, enter the domain name. Yes, you don’t need to enter the IP address; the reverse url lookup utility will find the IP address of the domain that you have entered. It will list all the domains that are sharing that IP address and display them. You can click on any domain name, and it will open the site.
You can use reverse ip lookup for the multiple purposes
- Find all the domains hosted on the same IP address.
Reverse Domain lookup lets you know all of the sites that are sharing the same IP address. The IP address information is not displayed, only the domain names sharing the address
- Reverse IP lookup lets you find the domains that are hosted on a competitor's IP address.
- This utility can also be used to check on your competitors’ websites and see if they are using dynamic or static IP addresses and how many other sites are sharing the address. There are other tools in smallseotools.com by which you can trace who their web hosting service providers are.
- Reverse IP address lookup often finds other domains owned by your competitors. It can be valid information of your competitors domains In cases of Whois privacy.
- Reverse website lookup technique is also used to attack the website hosting server, If for example you want to attack one website which is secure, with reverse ip domain check you are able to know other websites that are hosted on the same web host sharing the same IP address and find the less secure site to attack on the same server and can Bypass the security controls of the target site.
Website owners know their IP address, but if they have a dynamic IP address, which most websites do. They don’t know who else is using the shared IP address.
If you want to know which other websites are sharing your IP address, you have to run a reverse IP search utility.
What the reverse IP address lookup utility will do is that it will list all the domain names of the websites that are sharing your dynamic IP address. To do this, you will need to perform a reverse IP address lookup. A reverse IP lookup command is run when your website visitors complain that they are facing problems in finding your website on the internet.
When a visitor complains, or you get an error on your website, you get in touch with your web hosting service provider and tell them about the issue. Or you run a reverse IP address lookup to find out the domain names that you are sharing a dynamic IP address with and see if those sites are working.
If they are working fine, you know that the problem is with your website only. In this case, you will check the HTML code of your website to check if there’s no problem with it. If your website’s code is ok and other websites sharing your IP address are working fine, it’s your internet hosting service provider who will need to investigate the problem with your website and fix it.
The technique reverse domain lookup known as Reverse IP Lookup is a same technique which is used to identify the DNS records associated with an IP address. The website hosting server can host multiple websites from a single IP address. This technique is used in shared hosting and Domain reverse lookup technique is used to know the available DNS records of the web server.