Redirect Checker is a URL redirect tracker, a very handy tool that allow users to track the complete path of where a redirected URL goes. If you are on this page then you may already know that redirection is the procedure in which one URL is forwarded to a different URL. The redirect checker is the tool that is then used to inspect different URLs, reporting back on the complete response code that is given by each. This efficient tool is mostly used as a free 301 redirect checker.
Now that you know what redirection is, let’s have a look at a few common types of HTTP redirects:
- 300 Multiple Choices: Implying number of options for the resource that the client may follow, for instance, different format options for video could be presented, or word sense disambiguation or files with different extensions.
- 301 Moved Permanently: When this redirect is used then all the future requests to a particular URL will be redirected to a given URL.
- 302 Found (HTTP 1.1) / Moved Temporarily (HTTP 1.0): Internet runs on HTTP protocol, dictating how URLs work. It has two key versions, in 1.0 303 is referred to the status code “Moved Temporarily” while in version 1.1 this was changed to “Found”.
- 307 Moved Temporarily (HTTP 1.1 Only): ): In case of this redirect, request is to be repeated with another URL, however, all future requests should still be using the original URL.
- Meta Refresh: Meta Refresh is a type of redirect which is executed on the page level instead of the server level. In SEO, this is not a recommended technique as it is slow. Usually, the five second countdown that says “If you are not redirected in five seconds, click here.” is associated with this.
Redirect checker or URL redirect tracker can be used to track down where a particular affiliate link goes to and which affiliate network is involved or to ensure if those URL shortners or bit.ly links are redirecting to a legitimate page. URL redirect tracker also helps users to check their own redirects to make sure that they are in a good health or to see if the redirected domain is correctly redirected to your new domain. Furthermore, with the help of any URL redirect tracker you can also find out that where cookies are being set in the redirection path. One of the simplest use of this amazing tool is to simply figure out how many redirects are being used by certain sites. The results might surprise you!
Using our redirect checker as a free 301 redirect checker or more is extremely simple. As you need not to do anything except for providing the domain URL in the text box and click on “Check”. Results will be shown to you immediately with the details of URL as well as the Redirected URL.
Now, if you are looking for a tool to check redirects then our redirect checker or URL redirect tracker is a must have for you. It is user-friendly, fast and reliable. Moreover, our URL redirect tracker is absolutely free to use for everyone. So, what are you waiting for? Give it a go!