CHECK SERVER STATUS
Our HTTP Server status codes testing tool helps you to check whether the status of a website is offline or online. Every single time your browser requests a website, status codes are returned, When something goes wrong your browser delivered some message in your browser like "Something isn’t right along with error code e.g 404"
As a webmaster or SEO, you should regularly check the server status of your websites. Server status checker is accessible for free on Small SEO Tools, Run a free test for single or bulk URLs.
Paste up to 100 URLs in the test tool If you want to check the HTTP status codes that your browser doesn’t normally show you, the test tool will display the HTTP status code of every single website in a seperate line, Each server status code has a different meaning. Server different http response codes with their meaning are mentioned below:
- 200 status code: OK is good. It means that your server was able to return content for the URL you requested.
- 301 status code: Moved Permanently means that the requested URL has been moved permanently and all further inquiries should be directed to the new location.
- 302 status code: Found means the server has found a temporary redirection. This URL should be used again for the next time since it is only temporary.
- 307 status code: Temporary Redirect is similar to a 302 because it is a temporary redirect and the same URL should be used again for the next time.
- 400 status code: Bad Request simply means that the server did not understand what you were looking for.
- 401 status code: Unauthorized means that your server will not grant access to the content without authorization
- 403 status code: Forbidden means that the server will not show you the content, regardless of authentication.
- 404 status code: Not Found is a common, frustrating error, and might even be what you’re checking for with this Server Status tool. This error code lets you know that the file you were looking for is not found. Search engines need a 404 to know which URLs are valid and which aren’t.
- 410 status code: Gone is similar to 404. It lets you know that the URL you were looking for did exist, but is gone.
- 500 status code: Internal Server Error is another frustration that must be directed to your web host or system administrator. It means something is wrong with the server.
From the error code that is returned on a URL, you will be able to identify the reason for it being operational or down.
If your website is down because of any of the errors as mentioned above, you will need to sort it out with your website hosting service provider.
This convenient tool to detect problems on websites should be an essential tool for all SEOs and webmasters. By using it you as an SEO or webmaster get to know exactly what the reason for your website being down is, and you can fix it.
This handy and efficient server status checker tool allows you to check the server status of unlimited websites. The server status of a particular site let webmaster to know if a website working fine, To use this testing tool read the instruction below,
Enter one URL per line in the text area that’s displayed.
Once you have entered the URLs which can be just one or any number up to hundred. Click on the ‘Check Now’ button.
The test will run and display the results. The possible status codes that will be displayed against each domain name that you entered.
keep a regular check on the status of your website using server status checker and take immediate actions every time your website goes down.
As your website grows, it becomes essential to get involved in every aspect of your website operations to check its status. if you neglect to monitor certain aspects of your website which generate the most income, like your hosting server and network performance, they can fail unexpectedly.
Consistently monitoring of server status can provide multiples benefits
- Utilizing testing tool frequently for server status monitoring detects any error on start and Prevents small issues from becoming larger ones
- Provide advance warning regarding necessary software and hardware updates.
- Continuous monitoring of your server Increased security. Installation of important updates significantly reduces the chances of malware and Spam
If you own and manage one or multiple websites, you must periodically check the server status of your sites. Or you may be an internet user and are facing some issues in connecting to your favorite websites. In this case, you can also check the status of these websites using any free status code checker utility. If you own a website or you are a developer, HTTP status codes understanding is crucial for you. When these https status codes show up. HTTP status codes are valuable information for webmasters to fix website configuration errors on time.
While crawling search engine bots read HTTP status codes and act accordingly whether or not your website pages should index in the search engine.
100 - 200 HTTP status codes signal that everything is working fine on your website.
400 response codes and 500 response codes can prevent search engine bots from crawling and indexing your website's important pages and signal search engines that your site is not a quality site, as a result, can lower your website rank.